Specialist Exclusive Gun Insurance

Target in on the right insurance for you

Newmoon are an insurance broker and administer for both the BASC and CPSA. We administer the physical gun insurance scheme for their members. If you require Liability insurance, you must contact either BASC (01244 573030) or CPSA (01483 485400) membership teams. You cannot buy liability insurance from Newmoon.

The purpose of this site is to (1) provide you with some information relating to UK gun insurance which we hope will to assist you in deciding what cover you may or may not require and what the best options are for you and (2) Enable members of BASC or CPSA to obtain a quote and or buy your physical gun insurance. Your quote and documents will be emailed directly to you. If you prefer, please call 01892 280323 for a quote.

Not a member of an Association? Find out more from the UK’s specialist Associations.

Firstly, we believe you are taking a positive step to help the sport and support the relevant Associations which in return will look to support and help you and fellow shooters. In deciding which Association to join please consider the type of shooting you want to do. For example, if you want to compete in CPSA competitions you will need to be a member of the CPSA. If you are going to shoot on open rough ground/ game shooting, then consider BASC. These two Associations represent over 170,000 members combined and membership benefits include helping you in a number of ways, including general advice, legal expenses, £10m public liability insurance, and supporting you on various shooting relating issues e.g. gun licence. To get these benefits you must be a member. You can view details of these Associations here:

Specialist insurance

Taking out specialist insurance is an important decision to make. Whilst price is important policy cover is equally as important. We believe there is no point in quoting a low premium and restricting cover. Our cover is accidental damage with a £0 excess on your guns (£30 on accessories). Cover is UK but can be extended by any policy holder to worldwide on a short term/ holiday basis or an annual basis if you are competing in the UK, European or World championship. The policy will cover you whilst you are shooting and if left unattended in a vehicle, subject to Home Office guidelines.

We only insure members of the BASC or CPSA.

The key point to remember is that many home policies require new for old cover and values, often do not cover guns out of the home and many even exclude the gun whilst undergoing a process (being fired) which would exclude barrel blowout. Our policy options give you options based on cover of new for old, second hand value (if gun over 5 years old) or an agreed value. Please refer to our insurance page for full details.

Read More

Our Partners


If you are a member of this Association and would like a quote, please select:

Get Quote


If you are a member of this Association and would like a quote, please select:

Get Quote